Road to Rwanda----Peace has covid

Written on Jan 22, 2023

 Last night at about 2:30 a.m. I woke from my dream with someone calling me, "Momma!"  Now and then I hear one of the children calling me like that, but generally it is only God reminding me to pray. I stayed in bed for about an hour waiting to go back to sleep.  When that did not happen, I got up and checked social media.  There were messages waiting for me on Facebook Messenger from Paul and Peace.  Both were letting me know that Peace has covid.  She says it is a mild case with just a stuffy nose and maybe some coughing that just started this morning.  She has been waiting in a nursing home since July for all the paperwork to be completed for the funding stream in Massachusetts for her to access services such as an apartment and support.  As said, she is in a nice friendly nusing home (but who wants to be in a nursing home, and the time has been LONG for her), so I know she will be well cared for,  but we still would appreciate your prayers.  In the middle of the night I went on to read my devotional material for the day.  It was Philippines 2.  In verses 25-30 it talks about someone's illness, which I figure must be God telling me something.  Not completely sure what, except that the individual recovers.  I will wait to see how God uses this Scripture to speak to the situation.  

It also brings to mind the recent illness of our principal here in Rwanda.  He was diagnosed with malaria and spent 2 nights in the hospital with at least 17 different infusions of meds, and all the accompanying paraphernalia.  It cost $41 USD.  I want you to contemplate what that would cost in the US.....and then pray for the health system.     

Comments