Road to Rwanda---Dentist

Written on Mar 11, 2023

 Going to the dentist anywhere is always an unwanted adventure.  I went today and the biggest take away I had is the mixture of new and old.  A friend at school had called the dentist for me.  No appointments, just go and wait.  I was the only one really in line at 9 a.m. when the dentist came.  He took me to his office with a nice modern chair, etc.  He asked if I was familiar with this set-up. I said yes.  It seemed a strange question to me, but he proceeded to tell me before he moved the chair up, down, or to lie down.  I suddently realized that many patients would never have sat in a chair that moved like that before and he was used to warning people before he gave them that sensation.  We then moved to the radiology room.  This chair was very old and outdated, and although he tried to use the machine with me sitting in the chair in the correct position, it did not work.  I had to sit sideways in the chair leaning up against the wall.  I also had to  steady the x-ray machine with my hands while the dentist held the film in my mouth and pushed the buttons.  I have rarely seen older "modern" equipment.  He proceeded to clean my teeth.  And everything else went smoothly until I went to check out.  The exam, x-ray, and cleaning cost $21.98.  But the reception did not have change from $25.  I had to use the Momo pay on my phone. But Rick always handles that and I did not know how.  A kindly gentleman helped me out, punching in the numbers to my phone until we got to the password which I did not know, so the transaction would not go through.  Obviously everyone else was quite capable of manipulating the technology to pay via phone account....except me. I told them that they could just keep the change, but no one seemed happy about that.  Another nice gentleman behind me in line provided enough change to the receptionist and everyone left happy. 

P.S.  Still no word on Peace's placement. Please keep praying.

Comments