Jet Lag/Sunday Morning Stream of Conscientiousness

Written on Aug 25, 2018

Got a fair amount of sleep…considering jet lag. Very easy trip, even with the scare that we might have to pay $800 for checking luggage through, but I proved to them that our ticket said we were allowed 2 free check in pieces apiece. Guardian angels. Even my newly acquired walker made it to China. Arrived at 2:30 p.m. Beijing time. To the apartment by 4 and mainly unpacked our 6 suitcases.  Slept from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., then back to bed at 1 a.m. Now up at 4: 30 a.m.....thought it was 5. Just jet lag. Wondering if my bike is going to work. Thinking about going to the vegetable man who brings a truck close to our apartment on Tuesday and Sunday mornings. It is cheaper, but I never connect with him, but maybe this morning, because I have to conserve money until our first paycheck. Wondering if my bike is going to get me to church and knowing that Rick's bike is kaput and wondering how he is going to get to church, about a 2-mile walk. (The bike was in bad shape before we left and now has been out in the rain and the chain is rusted and falling off and probably irredeemable. My chain is rusted too, Rick says, but he thinks he can put some vegetable oil on it and make it work.) Thinking about biking down the wrong side of the street for a mile because we have to go to the bank before church so can go to grocery store on the way home from church, but bank is on the wrong side of the road for going to church. You are asking why I don't just bike down the right side of the street and then cross over at that cross walk. Because there is no cross walk for about a mile on this street. You can push your bike up and over the walking overpass but not worth the effort. Better to just buck the traffic in the designated bike lane and get it done that way. Figuring I have most of the ingredients for stew and calico beans so will buy veggies before church and then get meat after church and put them together. Very easy recipes. Will use my new  used instant pot for the stew in hopes that it works on the transformer because it is 110 and current here is 220.  Wondering if this is really going to fly. But this means I don't have any lunch ready and I did not eat enough yesterday. Maybe will go boil some eggs so can have an egg salad sandwich because we did buy eggs to eat yesterday as the quickest easiest thing to eat. But wait I have a can of spam. A spam sandwich sounds good, but still not solved as to what to have fixed for lunch when I get home. The spam sandwich would be breakfast…..This is just the stream of conscientiousness that is running through my head at 5 a.m. on Sunday morning. I suspect slightly different from most people's Sunday morning thoughts. Maybe same topics as many people, but definitely dictated by location, location, location. 

Comments