We're Back....

Written on Feb 13, 2019

A fine trip back to China. I had wanted to pray towards upgrade to business class so we could lie down, but never had the faith to do that. But didn’t need business class. The plane from Detroit to Amsterdam was only about ¼ full and we each had rows of four seats to stretch out in. Wonderful and we slept most of the way. Not so from Amsterdam to China, but we were not very tired after sleeping through 12 hours in Amsterdam in a lovely handicapped lounge. Wheelchair is definitely the way to go. Well cared for. We arrived in China at 10 a.m. and by 10:45 were through customs and in a taxi. Wheelchairs put you to the head of every line. Arrived home to a very cold apartment. It is well below freezing outside and we had turned the heater off for our 5 weeks at home. Slow to warm up. Soooo we got on our bikes and went for pizza with team mates. That is the best news: I can ride the bike with no problem! I was very worried my new hip would not do well with the biking motion, but no pain. I felt wonderfully free riding my bike again after hobbling around with a walker and crutch. I still cannot get on to the bike without Rick lifting my leg over, but that will come with time. I did walk some without the crutch some both on the airplane and also here in the parking lot, but now my hip is objecting to the cold and lack of support. Between the cold and my hip and trouble booting up our internet, I decided to spend the last few hours of my birthday in bed.

Comments