Sharing "White Rabbits"

Written on Apr 19, 2019

We did the best we could in describing this holiday. I used my ppt and just went once over lightly covering secular and religious symbols. Rick went far into the back ground of spring holidays to Egypt, Persia, and finally our beliefs. We were clear albeit brief about the basis for this holy week. I looked for candy eggs to share but Taobao (Chinese online source) nor Baopals (English online source) had candy versions. I did find a popular toffee wrapped in rice paper (did you know you eat the rice paper with the candy?). The name of the candy is “White Rabbit” and it has a picture of a rabbit on it. I decided that was as close as I could come. As each student left the classroom, I told them, “Happy Easter”, and handed them candy. Being this culture, most accepted with both hands and bowed head. Every time, the vision I saw was delivering communion, and saying, “The body and blood” as I passed out the pieces. It was a strange feeling and I wonder why I equated this with the eucharist in my mind. I think perhaps it was an individual pryer for each of these my students. In study tonight we are covering Luke 23, the crucifixion. So looking forward to sharing with this group.

Comments