First Emails

Written on Sep 16, 2019
"Hello Dr. Marklund, I am Zhang Liyuan from Class 4. I come from Sichuan province, hometown of panda.  In my first English class at Peking University, I was so surprised at such a cute teacher, making me so excited to attend the next lesson. May you a nice day."

Always fun to get student's first emails.....of course this was to Rick, not me.

Today we have our second classes of the semester. The registration is starting to be solidified so we will not have 59 and 49 students as I did in my classes last Monday. Today, I should have 25-30. Of course students can still enroll if there is space until the third week of classes. (Can you imagine all the info I have covered after 3 weeks of classes? Admin says, well just don't give any assignments until week 4. Well, that is not going to happen.) The way different cultures attack similar situations is always interesting.

I will get their first journal entry today. That means long hours of work for the next week. That is OK. This is their autobiographies and always very interesting. It is not like I have a life anyway. haha

Oh yes, I also will start the continuation of my Celebrate Recovery group on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing these ladies from Korea, Rwanda, and here.

Comments