Reflecting

Written on Oct 23, 2019

I am being obscure. I have been reading a book about a brother from here who was jailed and tortured and miraculously survived. It was more than 40 years ago and has little physical relation to today,  but is a very touching biography. He was the head of the meetings in homes. I was also reminded today in my reading in Romans that Aquilla and Priscilla had such meetings as well. It is a very ancient and on-going concept of growth and spread of the Word.  We know that many such meetings are held today. We were just told by the administration that someone who had come to teach here this summer was deeply suspect because it had been published in a very obscure hometown newspaper that he was coming to teach at the university and hoped to contact the meetings in the homes here. It was enough to cause trouble for him and our organization. Just that simple statement. We have plainly been told not to reach out to such meetings because we endanger others by doing so. My heart is heavy with all of this. Then I think of those among the Kurds today who believe. Considering the situation, I assume many hold such kinds of meetings. Then it is not enough that they have been persecuted within their own society, but now their whole ethnic group is being sent from their homes??? And worse. Be assured, WE are completely safe and cared for. There is nothing impinging on us personally, but much time must be spent talking to our father about the other situations in our world.  I am sorry this is so indirect. Be careful of replies but do remember us.

Comments