Road to Indonesia---School

Written on Aug 14, 2021

 Three days of school done. One face-to-face and 2 online.  Truthfully, this is the first time I have taught online. Now, of course, I have spent a year teaching online for Peking University, but I have recorded my lectures and just sent that. Considering that I was in the States with a 12 hour difference for at least part of the time, I am glad that this was a possibility.  However,  here with high school students and teaching many hours a day, it has become necessary for me to be able to use Google Classroom. I could not be more proud of myself!!! I have even learned to use two monitors while I teach, so I can show the students my desktop documents and still keep an eye on them.  For someone my age and so technologically challenged, I am just bursting that I was able to learn this....and rather quickly. Of course, the school realizing Rick and my ineptitude assigned an aide to us for the first 3 days to help.  His time was well spent and we both now supposedly can do this ourselves. 

 It was just so wonderful to be back in the classroom. The kids are really great kids.  What more fun do I want than to spend my days discussing the Renaissance, Lord ot the Flies, Scarlet Letter, and Fahrenheit 451 with teenage students?  

We have been informed that we cannot have church services for the rest of August.  I am not sure we were suppose to be having them at all.  I am sad as it surely is a wonderful time to worship and hear what God is doing.  The covid rate has continued high, but not as bad as in some places.  We have some slight hope that we can start full time inperson school and church in September. God will decide.



Comments