Road to Peace's Placement...........Success, almost.

Written on Jul 8, 2022

 The nurse assessor for the Ageing Services for North Central Massachusetts came to our RV today at noon.  She is the gatekeeper for nusing home placements. She gave me verbal assurance that she would give Peace approval for a 90 day skilled nursing care placement!!!!  Can't believe that we really are at an end of this road.  Why do we doubt? I had absolute confidence that God would take care of Peace, but I was never completely sure that this was the  route that He wanted to take.  I considered not writing this until she actually was in placement, because there are a few more steps that the agencies have to check, but the verbal assurance was given.  The admissions director for the actual nursing home (who is in corporate headquarters rather than local becasue they fired the admissions director who was the only person who answered any of our feelers to nursing homes, 2 days after I met her, ) Anyway, he has also given me verbal assurance that they have ONE female bed available. However,  I also have dr. appointments coming in PA ( I am sitting in MA) starting on Tuesday night, progressing to our week at a resort with our 2 boys and their families and then to our 50th anniversary meet up on July 23.  So how long will it take to get Peace actually into the nursing home is still a matter of concern and prayer, but so very minor compared to the major hurdle of her being accepted.  The lady giving me advice and guiding our applications who can now make the assessment so Peace can get her med waiver which finances her living, told me it was an absolute miracle that we had gotten all of this done in 2 weeks.  I told her the real reason it happened. Keep praying, but know that the prayers have been and are being answered. Thank you.

Comments