Road to Rwanda----Prayer Request

Written on Oct 22, 2022

 We caught our mouse.  The first man-sized trap we tried was too big and we just fed the mouse 3 meals of peanut butter and cheese, before we traded it at school for the live mouse trap.  That worked within about an hour of putting it down. ....but then we were stuck with a live  fairly large mouse.  We realized that we had no idea how to kill the mouse, open the trap, nr dispose of the body? We just set it outside on the back step for the night since it was late.  When I left in the morning, the mouse had rolled in the circular trap to the other side of the porch and was still squeaking and we still did not know how to handle him/her.  The guard rescued us....I did not ask the details...but we brought the guard a pizza just now to say thank you.  We reset the trap, but after 3 days, no more mice, so I guess we are again rodent free. Yay!

We had parent/teacher conferences at school this week.  That meant very long days talking to people after teaching all day and not much prep time. But I am so so impressed.  A parent from everyone of my 21 students came to visit me!! In 40+ years of teaching I don't think 100% of the parents have ever arrived for conferences.  Does that say mountains about the school, the community, the culture? They were also so complimentary, which is always nice.  Glad it is over, but I was blessed in the execution.

However, it has been a difficult week in other ways. I have received word that both of my siblings have cancer and it is terminal.  It is times like these that missionaries do go through the "fellowship of his suffering."  I am so very far away.  I cannot just leave and spend the duration with my siblings.  Even though a week or so off would be a possiblity, but the money, energy, logisitcs are overwhelming. So here I sit. I write. I pray.  I talk to people. But where as my missionary career has involved almost no suffering (some inconvenience at times, but very rarely suffering), now is the time we just lean into Jesus and rest in the knowledge that He does do all things well, and will carry me and my siblings, and their families through this time. Your prayers are appreciated.

Comments