Road to Rwanda----End of Semester

Written on Dec 11, 2022

 God is so good. I was so concerned that I would not be able to get all the end of semester things done because of being gone to the US for those 2 and a half weeks. But I am in better shape than I nearly have ever been going into the last week of school before Christmas break.  School at VVA (Rwanda) has been delightful, sharing A Christmas Story with the students, and I will be able to enter their final grades on Wednesday.  For Peking Univeristy, which will also end the semester on December 16, rather than the 31st,  I have nearly completed their grades.  Because PKU is closing early,  our assignment schedule was compacted. Rick and I have had one long essay, one short essay, and a portfolio between December 1 and December 16, which means we have each grade 300 items during that 2 weeks.  I am very close to being done.  I am now just costing through the last week of classes, enjoying my students and anticipating Christmas.  I am sure it is due to your prayers.  

Sister's memorial service was last night our time.  It was a beautiful service and I am so glad I got to attend via zoom.  Many things were a blessing.  One item that particularly touched me was a friend whom she had written to for many years in Zambia, has purchased land and is going to start a home for displaced and abused women and going to name it after Mary Beth.  How far her influence reached. 

One thing I have not done is write my Christmas letter which usually goes out December 1.  I will reflect this week as to what needs to be done about that.  Because of these FB and blog posts, it is not so terribly important as it used to be, when people would only get a notice from me once a year at Christmas.  I wonder what I should add in.  Some people, of course, only get the email, so I need to bring them up to date on that as well.  

Oh, and our last piece of luggage did arrive to us about 3 days late, but intact.  PTL.

I hope your Christmas prep is as relaxed as mine has been.  

Comments