Road to Rwanda----Mudslides

Written on May 4, 2023

 We are safe here in Musanze but very near here 130+ people were killed in floods and mudslides on Tuesday night.  It rains a lot in April, but for Monday and Tuesday nights, every time I woke in the night I could hear torrential rains on the roof.  Part of the problem of course was that the flooding came in the night with no real warning, and people were literally swept away in their beds.  This is known as the land of a 1,000 hills, and so the mountainous terrain is particularly prone to these types of problems. I am sure the school will do something to help of a relief nature.  A web site : https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/rwanda-uganda-flooding-1.6830728?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

P.S. Around my eye is now blistering.  I think it will start peeling soon.  I have never had my eyelids peel before. 

Comments