Road to Rwanda....Yet will I praise Him
Written on Oct 3, 2026
It is funny. Sometimes God warns me a bit before something moderately bad happens. I was thinking about how wonderful it was that my remaining leg joint that was not replaced was doing so well....this was about a week before my knee completely gave out and 6 weeks later I was in the States having it replaced. A week ago I was thinkng about how my mom and sister both lost a tooth on the bottom towards the front and how proud I was that my teeth were all here....Monday as I was eating a piece of hoarded licorice, my tooth fell out....just cracked right off, leaving the root in my mouth, but my tooth in my hand. Can I say, "Yet will I praise Him"? Yes, reasonably much so. I was shocked more than terribly upset. It was my upper right canine. I wondered how it was ever going to look? The funny part is that my lip seemed to cover it so no one noticed it....and being kids, they would have said something if they saw it, so it was not people just being polite. It must have had a root canal, because even though the root was still in my jaw, I had no pain at all. I put the tooth into an envelop and put it in my backpack. I had to wait until today, Saturday, for a dentist appointment. I was to the dentist once about 3 years ago, so I knew the routine (which is always worrisome in new locations). This time I had to sit in the waiting room from 9:00 until 12:00. I had my kindle though and finished my World History independent reading book, also my current novel and started another one, so it was not lost time...but I was ready to be done. The dentist just took the tooth and glued it back into the space. I pray it lasts. He was not sure. I guess the three hour wait was worth it because I only paid $2.11. Yet will I praise Him.
Comments
Post a Comment