Still in Pain

Written on May 21, 2018
I still don’t seem to be able to bear weight on my knee.  It was quite a circus to get to school. Rick rolled my rolling chair from the house to the elevator, through the parking lot, and to my bike. I could mount my bike from the wrong side because I only can bear weight on one foot and I seem able to pedal, since it does not require weight bearing. We strapped the homemade cane sticking out the back of the bike, kind of like the Wicked Witch of the West carrying her broom on her bicycle. Oh, did I mention that it was raining? So I had a rain poncho on. Rick met me the half mile away at the college and pushed me on the bike up the ramp to the building door. I painfully limped to the elevator, using my homemade cane. The cane was ingeniously put together by our team leaders. It is a dust mop with a rotating head, and a tennis ball on the end for my hand. The dustmop is covered by a teatowel to keep the mop part clean. It has a broad base, stability, and is the right height. I hobbled to class and taught from a chair, and then reversed the process to get home 4 hours later.

I still think the pain might just disappear. But the doctor will make an appointment with the osteo doctor on Wednesday if I am still in pain.  Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray.

Comments