Biking 1

Written on Jul 15, 2019
I will try to let you bike with me to Orlando....just because.

We revised our plans. We decided that we really did not need to push as hard as we would have had to in order to cover the 30-50 miles a day necessary. So we are leapfrogging. I will bike for an hour or two, while Rick drives, and then we will switch. This turns it into a lazy, easy, laid back fun trip. We started an evening early: tonight. Boy was it different biking in the cool evening, rather than the hot hot noon day that I have been. Still as drenched as if I were sitting in a bathtub, but  more comfortable. We mumbled around having left at 6 this evening. Beautiful bike trails. Herons, Sandhill cranes (did you know that they screech, birds almost as tall as I am.) Swamps that I thought about alligators as I traipsed past...but that was rather silly of me. Turtles in the middle of the road. I almost took off on the trail that took me far away from the roads and out of touch from Rick but it was already 8 p.m. , and we decided to call it quits for the night. Found a cheap room and took a much needed shower. Now in bed and the treat of watching the news on the tv. Do you know what a treat that is?

We also said goodby to Peace after 2 weeks with her. Her Lasik surgery was very successful and she sat in church being able to see the preacher without her glasses. She has had glasses since she was 4 years old. Quite a change. It is a Church of God church and it is missions month. The sermon was very good, outlining what things one can do to support missions. What I did not really hear was a strong charge to actually follow the Lord unto the mission field. I find that strange having been raised in a church (CMA) that took every opportunity to challenge us to BE foreign missionaries. I know that it is a different time and place, I also know that having been a missionary for 40 years it is the easiest (almost default) choice for us. The Lord told me to be a missionary when I was in preschool. So I try not to measure by us as our direction in life has been very different than most...but the the fields are white unto harvest. I am asking the Lord of the Harvest to send forth laborers.

Comments