Biking 2

Written on Jul 15, 2019
It is not really enjoyable biking along beside a major road, even if there is a bike trail provided. I figured that out this morning. So I crossed a bike trail that really was not necessarily heading towards Orlando (East), but that is a well known trail: Suncoast Bike Trail. I took it for 3 hours, while Rick tracked me at crossroads, and then he delivered me to the hotel. Much nicer. Live and learn. Four hours of biking all together. It is hard to describe how good it feels to be moving without pain. Walking has been difficult for almost a year now, but biking is non-weight bearing, and I can just move. (Albeit rather slowly. I used to bike about 10 miles an hour. Now I bike a miserable about 5-7 miles an hour, but it is moving without pain, and very enjoyable.) It is hot hot hot here. Within a few minutes my clothes are soaked, but I have lived in tropical countries most of my adult  life and can tolerate that. The bike trails as opposed to the roads beside highways also has better shade which is helpful. I would like to bike in the early mornings or evenings as I did yesterday, but scheduling does not seem to be working out that way. Lots of good time to think and pray and enjoy life.

Comments