Road to Indonesia---Jakarta

Written on Jul 14, 2021

 Here we are....in Jakarta.  It was a long, long trip, with uncomfortable 12 hour layover mostly in the baggage area of O'Hare Airport in Chicago, but we survived.  We slept alot on the plane.  The airport agents and immigration officials all accepted our visas, vaccination cards, and negative covid tests without any questions!!! (That is a real miracle.)  The hotel that I had booked with Holiday Inn rewards points wanted to deny that reservation and make us pay the quarantine package price which would have cost us about $700.  But I convinced them to accept the reward room rates and just add on payments for 2 meals a day.  They wanted to add on laundry as well, but I can spend the next 8 days in my jammies if I want, so we do not need laundry.  The room is nice: sitting room and bedroom. I have to figure out how to get enough exercise in this space so that I can sleep at night, and to help overcome jetlag, even 2 tv's.  They decide the menu, which is going to not really be something Rick can find likeable, but we brought 3 huge bags of M and M's. He will be OK, haha.  Now we need to book our flight to Papua in 8 days. I pray that is fairly easy.  As we get more info about what is happening here, we will let you know.  Thank you so so much for praying us through this trip. I am confident that without Him, we never would be able to make these journeys.

Comments