Road to Indonesia---We're Here

Written on Jul 22, 2021

 We are safely to Papua.  Definite answer to prayer for our luggage.  Two big ones checked through just fine. The wonderful man pushing my wheelchair looked at our carry on luggage and just gave us a baggage claim ticket and had our very over weight carry-on's put as baggage, at no charge!! Best 100,000 rupiyah ($7 USD) tip I ever gave!  Easy sailing after that. Even anti-climatical after all the worry about not getting on flights.  No one questioned us.  In fact the flights were quite full.  We arrived in Papua to hear that the government has just announced that all flights will be canceled from Auguat 1-28 and then be re-evaluated. We were scheduled to fly to Papua on August 5.  I am so so so glad we made it here. The government is also not letting the school (or anyone presumably) issue even visitor's visas, so at this point about 4 of the teachers are feet on the ground to start the school year.  Did I mention how extremely glad I am that God prompted us to move our flights, even though it was at quite a loss of money on our previous tickets?  I am very thankful. Your prayers helped it happen. 

Comments