Road to Rwanda-----Walking Home, part 2, the next morning.

Written on Sep 22, 2022

 Sequel to yesterday's post about the little girl asking for money.  This morning when I was waiting for my ride, two young men (older teenage/20's) walked by.  One of them said, "Hi." I answered, "Hello." The other young man, rubbed his stomach and said, "I am hungry."  I put a disgusted look on my face and waved my hand to tell him to go away.  The first young man said, "That is rude, isn't it?" I agreed.  We talked for a bit about how rude it was and that he needed to tell his friend.  By this time the second young man had walked on a few steps and was laughing.  I assume there was no hunger involved.  And although I may have supported the cultural norms, and stopped some other musungu (foreign white person) from being bothered and helped the gentlemen see that it was inappropriate, .....but I can't help wondering how it possibly shared Christ's love.

Comments