Important Thoughts

Written on Apr 6, 2018

There are some disturbing things happening here right now in our beautiful country. I am going to write rather obscurely so that none of my post triggers a response from further up. Read between the lines. s

We just received an article through our organization which says that the online sales here of Our Father’s Book has been stopped. The local language editions have been pulled from the sites as of the end of March. You can imagine how upsetting this is. We don’t quite know what to do or how to respond. We were in the process of buying several for our weekly meeting. I guess that is not an option now.

We also had a conversation this evening with a local believer who attends one of the small indigenous meetings who said that the powers had stepped in and broken up her group in to smaller meetings. She said Easter service had been a video. She was not happy. She was the only one who came to our once a month English Corner this evening. The attendance is never very high for this, and it is bitterly cold and windy and also a holiday weekend, so we were not surprised, but it still made us stop and consider.

We have very happily signed contracts for another year here at PKU. Now they need to see if they can actually get us work visas to stay. Please make this a matter of concern. There are many within our organization who are being denied visas for age reasons.

I guess what I am saying is that we and this beautiful country needs to be remembered. There are hosts arrayed against us that we personally cannot defend ourselves from. Please bring these things to our father.

Please also encourage us by finding the “follow” button on the blog and pushing it. We get between 20-40 views per day, which I am happy about, but we only have 18 followers, and I sense that we need more in that category. The reason for the blog is to promote our book, but more importantly to enlist your remembrances of the world in which we live and our part in it. Thank you, Dear Friends.

Comments

  1. We will remember your requests.
    Also, is there no way for the blog to remind me to check it. Now I see several busy days have pulled me away from it. Thank you for sharing--you are much on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, go to the right hand side bar and become a "follower". There are two different choices. One says "follow by email" which is good and I think a notice shows up on your email, but I don't know who is on that part. I have a list of those who have pushed the "follow" button above it, though. I really need "followers" ....I think. Thank you for your prayers,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I became a Follower on this blog about a month ago. I'll change it to Follow by Email. Oops! A box comes up that says: The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled.
    Do I enable them from my end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were never listed under the Follower group. I can't see the "follow by email" group, so don't know about that. Blogspot is a google supported thing, so I am wondering if you need to be under a gmail account? Purity thougth maybe? I have a techy friend looking at it, but no answer yet. Let's keep working at it, because it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have my Millennial look at it tomorrow, if I get time. A very busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My IT source says it looks like one must have a gmail account to be able to "follow". Not quite sure what to do about this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment