To Meet or Not to Meet? That Is the Question.

Written on Oct 18, 2018

We are trying to have English study meetings again on Friday nights. Last week was the first one. I cannot explain thoroughly, but you need to know that any activity along these lines are being monitored closely.  Members of local worship meetings are being persecuted with loss of jobs and being asked to sign papers of renunciation of beliefs. Physical doors of buildings are even being closed. So we need to be careful, not for us so much as those who would choose to attend.

Anyway, when I posted on our old Wechat site about our study of Luke for last week, we got a lot of new Wechat friends inviting themselves on that site. I am not too excited about this. I have no idea who these people are, nor where they are getting our site info. I DO want to let previous attenders know that we will be meeting again, but we have no intentions of large group situations. Last week one new man/student came. That was all, but we had a very nice discussion, and he says he will come back this week.  People want to practice speaking English. That is good and we will gladly (and would prefer) meeting with just 1-4.

We also had to find a new place for meetings. The office we used last year has moved and is no longer available. We now will meet at a coffee house just outside the university gate. It is close enough to get to at night, and yet has some privacy. But is still quite public. We need to bring copied study materials, rather than directly using the book.

Not sure what to do. Where are the students who faithfully attended last semester? Although I physically could contact some of those students, I don’t think it is a good idea. That is where we could get into trouble for pushing. Shall I just close down the Wechat site and start a new one just for those who are coming to meetings and we know?  I think after a week or so, I probably will do that just to be safe.

These are areas that we really need you to remember us about. It is a matter of slowly feeling our way.  I even had a dream about a cousin and fellow m warning us not to have meetings. What do I ever do with that??? Pastor’s wife said she knew of plenty of activities like we do that are just waiting to see what will happen. So we need to go slowly, but also just follow Him.

Comments

  1. Sometimes you have to wonder if God uses our dreams to communicate with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe God does communicate by dreams sometimes, I just don't know if this is one of those times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment