FB Surgery Posting for the Past 3 Days

Written on Jan 12, 2019


Surgery Jan. 9
I report to the surgery center at Chambersburg, PA tomorrow (Jan. 9) at 8:30 a.m.for my hip replacement. They need to do the MRSA test first, and then I don't know what time the surgery is. Please, your prayers for the surgery and also that the MRSA test is negative. Thank you for all of your support.

Post-Surgery, Home! Jan. 10
I am home to Purity's apartment! PTL. I did spend the night in the hospital. That was a good decision as I had pain issues in the night which would have been difficult to manage at home. I doubted that I would be able to pass the "stair" test to get out today, but the bad left knee was helped a great deal from the pain meds (side effects haha), and so I could assure the PT that I could manage the 15 stairs into Purity's second floor apartment. The mobility and pain issues have not surpassed pre-surgery levels yet, but I am very confident that it will resolve itself within the next few days. Please continue to pray for full healing. I basically feel pretty good and glad that tylenol and celebrix are all that I need. The MRSA is completely eradicated!

2 Days Post Surgery: Jan. 11
Doing great. Out and about for 3 hours this morning. Went to church to pick up an elevated toilet, but ended up with a commode, and wonderful visit with Pastor Ray. Encouragement about Christianity in the US. Then to Aldi's and home and made enchiladas. Felt good. Even made it up and down the 15 steps to Purity's apartment. Resting now.

Comments

Post a Comment