Chicken Heads and Healed Hips

Written on Jan 25, 2019

(On my FB feed for today was this post from 2 years ago when we first moved to China and were living in Taian. It is a fun memory and picture.)

Yesterday we went to the Dao temple here in Taian. 
Peaceful. However, I was surprised at the idols in a communist country. We stopped at a corner shop for lunch. As always, how do you decide when you can't read the menu? Not even any pictures this time. I told the lady that I can't read. She paused a minute and turned to a patron and told him to help us. He spoke enough English to get us a grated potato dish and a spicy chicken one. The spicy chicken one seemed to be a whole chicken with all of its parts cut up and cooked. Lots of bones to chew on. Along with a foot, we also found a complete chicken head.....I mean a complete head in the bowl. One of the stranger things I have seen. Tried for a picture, but it is not clearly enough defined to make sense. But for the first time in China, I really would like to post a picture for you.

P.S. My hip is healing very well. At the two week post surgery mark I got permission to drive to FL. We had our suitcases in the car and literally left the Dr. appointment and headed out. We are in New Port Richey now. We need to make a decision as to what to do with my parents' home here: rent to new renters or sell it. Got in tonight and are sleeping on a mattress on the floor and a bit overwhelmed with the amount of stuff still in this house. Will see Peace tomorrow. Pray for guidance and also Praise for continued healing. Still using walker but feeling great.

Comments

  1. It would be REALLY bad for me to try to order something to eat in China!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment