Road to Indonesia--My Birthday

Written on Feb 13, 2021

 Today is my 68th birthday. Always interesting how the day is spent where ever I am in the world. I slept in and then took a long nap.  Waited for my kidney beans to finish cooking for chili in my crock pot and then realized that I had cooked them on "warm" for 6 hours. Still waiting now for them to be done. Made myself a birthday cake.  Realized that we were out of bread and no way to make it to a store, so late in the day made bread. (Love, love, love my Kitchaid mixer with dough hooks, etc. )  Took them out of the oven just in time to go to friends' house for apple pie and to play games. Also got some bananas (for Rick) and a baggy full of taco seasoning as a gift as I was almost out.  Also a card that all the pertinent data is covered with applicable sticky notes.....so that I can recycle the card!!! What a wonderful missionary idea. One never has enough English cards and if you share it within the mission community, everyone understands what you are doing. I have heard from both girls, but of course it was the night before my birthday for them. Waiting now to hear from the boys. Thus endeth my birthday in Indonesia.

Comments