Road to Indonesia- HOT

Written on Jan 12, 2021

 It is HOT.  I have had 3 showers in the past few hours.  And felt like taking more. It says it is only in the upper 80's but feels hotter.  I suppose it is the humidity, which has to be pretty high. Then the teacher's assitances who were working in my room the other day were wondering why it was still pouring rain in what would soon be the dry season, and they assured me then it would really get hot!  The classroom is aircondiitoned and feels really good. We also could go to the library and sit which is airconditioned, but our apartment is not. It does have many large ceiling fans, and they work well in the bedroom, but the living room is too big for an overhead fan to make enough difference. We need to go buy a floor fan to help. We do not mind that much if we have showers. And I keep looking at the TV which says that Beijing is below freezing!  Biking in below freezing weather is not nice (understatement).  I do not have a bike here and will not get one. It is very hilly and I know I could not bike, but I can walk well enough now so it is OK. I notice that the hip I had replaced 2 years ago is acting up some. I wonder what that is about? And it worries me some, but basically I am in so so much better shape than I was 6 months ago. The new hip and knee are just excellent, although I hesitate on steps that do not have handrails. Our first 2 days of school have been a great deal of fun. So happy we are here. 

Comments