Road to Indonesia---Rain and Suitcases

Written on Jan 20, 2021

 Ready to take a nap to the tune of the heavy rain on the roof.  We just finished a staff meeting, and we are very thankful that someone gave us a ride home. We do not even own an umbrella yet. I could have brought one with us, but it seemed like coals to Newcastle.  But we simply have not taken the time to find one.  It is a pretty heavy rain, although not to the extent that the "embarrassing rains" that would happen in Panama....many days about 2:30 when school would be letting out.  No umbrella or rain coat was sufficient. No matter what it would soak you to the skin, so you could see through your clothes, thus "embarrassing".   The  little rainfall that we can see halfway up the moutain that we face walking to school will be pretty. It rained in the middle of the night last night and there was some water coming down this morning.  Sometimes it looks like it is almost dry.  It will pour now, though. 

Yesterday we got our 2 big suitcases which we had to send via ship from Jakarta to Papua because it would have been too much overweight baggage price by air.  So it took about 2 weeks.  I was hoping that there were some more clothes for me that I had forgotten...but there were not.  I only have 5 dresses and this is definitely "dress"  heat.  But I will be OK.  I am excited about the food stuffs that were in the suitcases. I thought I could not have someone this weekend for supper, because I just could not figure out what to cook with the ingredients I have available to me.  (It always takes a while to figure out the dishes you can make in a new environment.)  But now I have some additional choices, like taco seasoning and cocoa powder, so I invited the director and family to come for supper Sunday night. 

Please continue to pray about the China bank stuff. Working on it.

Comments