Road to Rwanda----Brussels

Written on Nov 12, 2022

 We are sitting in the Brussels airport.  Rick is spread out over 3 seats as he cannot sleep on the airplanes and we have now been enroute for about 22 hours since we left our home in Musanze.  I arrived in Brussels and was able to access online and found my Brother in Wisconsin had died Friday morning.  He deteriorated more rapidly than the family had anitcipated.  His funeral will be Thursday.  I love my brother, but the intent never was for me to go be with him.  However, we suddenly find that my sister has also gone downhill very quickly.  She is sleeping most of the time and cannot swallow, so they are stopping her life sustaining meds.  Our prayer is that we make it in time.  We get into Eugene, OR on Saturday night.  I also expect that just the thought that I am coming is enough for Sister.  We have kept very short accounts and if I do not make it, I will be OK.  The thought really does count. I don't think I am really grieving.  Reality might hit later, but we have an eternal hope which is what we cling to at these times and the confidence that He does all things well, even when we do not understand.   Both my brother and sister are surrounded by their loving family.  Please pray for us in this exhausting trip, which is what we are dealing with more than anything.  I tried to upgrade, but the price was outrageously big, so we assume we are to go on with the current arrangement.  Even a few years ago we would not have thought it difficult to travel like this.  Does it keep us young?  The entire journey takes about 40 hours.  Just keeping you informed.

Comments