Road to Rwanda---yeah, well, I am going to see Sister.

Written on Nov 6, 2022

 After all my declarations that we just couldn't, well, I just got tickets to see my sister, leaving on Friday.  I decided if I left now and was back here right after Thanksgiving, then I only had 2 weeks of school before my nice Christmas break and I would have time to recoup and get ready for next semester.  It took 4 hours (two of them on the telephone to United Airlines) to get the tickets.  If I got return, multi-city tickets, they were literally twice the price.  So we decided that we couldn't do it, but then God prompted me to try one way tickets and, sure enough, it ended up being half the price!  What kind of sense does that make?  But of course the computer sensed that we were in Africa (I assume) and would not accept credit cards, etc.  I ended up using Skype to the airlines to book the tickets. We had the money for the tickets, but just could not bear to spend the extra $400 per leg to get business class, even though we had the points, but we will be OK.  We will fly from OR to MA to spend Thanksgiving with Paul's and Peace, and Purity will drive up from PA.  We won't be able to see Peter's, but we can facetime with him and he calls pretty regularly, so we know what is happening with him. (Peter, who was so worried about being homeless last spring because his long term rental was sold out from under him, is now in a nice house closer to Bobbi's work and the kid's school.) God is good.  Pray for our stamina.  And, oh yes, the students I am leaving behind here for 2 weeks who will have lots and lots and lots of seat work to do, but they are capable......  And of course also for my sister and brother and their families.

Comments