Road to Rwanda---Garbage cans (again), ants, and asking for guidance

Written on Nov 4, 2022

 So our garbage can was stolen again last night.  Our school insisted that the guard/landlord replace it this time. (Last time we bought a new one ourselves.) However, I told our wonderful school liaison that I did not care near so much about the replacement of my garbage can, but rather about protection from people climbing over the fence into our housing space.  The liaison looked at me quizically and assured me that we were not in danger.  The thieves just wanted to make a little bit of money, but would not hurt us.  I guess I am reassured, but somehow I know we are speaking a different cultural language.  

I just stepped into our living room and was greeted by about 10 huge flying ant kind of things.  I was disconcered and am still not sure where they came from.  After I stopped and looked at them, though, I think they are the flying ants we used to fry in Zambia.  If they are that ant species, they only come out at a certain time.  I need to ask around, not that I really am planning on frying many of them right now, but it would be nice to know. 

My siblings are not doing overly well.  I have received emotional support from many sources.  Some have even offered financial support for a ticket home.  We just don't feel at this time that a trip to the US is what we are to do.  My sister and brother are well cared for. I still write every day to my sister, as we have for 20 or 30 years.  We have no unfinished business that needs to be covered, and so, although I would so dearly love to see her, I doubt that we should go through the overwhelming travel trauma that it would be to make the trip in the time allotment we would have. God tells us what we are to do,  when, and we have no assurance that at this exact point He is saying GO.  We have the ability to do so if things shift in some way, but are waiting to know if that is His leading or not. Again, it is the sacrifice that we as missionaries often, often pay.  Very possibly the only real sacrifice that we have ever made.  Help us wait on Him to know what we should do.

Comments