Road to Rwanda----Saga Continued

Written on Nov 28, 2022

 Saga continued.  So after waiting 3 hours British Airways opened up, but when we tried to check in we were told it was economy and not business.  I really wanted to lie down for part of this flight, but more importantly we would owe tremendous amounts of money for our 4 overweight bags.  I took off running ( or my version of it) back the mile to terminal B to see what could be done.  They have rescheduled us and I am waiting now to get on a flight that will go Boston-DC-Frankfurt-Brussels-Kigali.  Half of it is business class so we can take our bags.  But rather than getting into Kigali at 8 p.m. on Nov. 29 we won't be there until 6 a.m. on NOv. 30.  I will still go straight to school after my 2 hours car ride.  I would not be able to sleep anyway.  One real draw back to this particular itinerary is that we will need to get our 70 pound bags in Brussels and take them to the next airlines.  We could not check them clear through.  At one point in our lives, carting 70 bags around was not a big deal, but we just can't hardly do it any more.  Rick is going to have to wrestle with them. Pray for strength and just being able to make all the connections now.  It just is never easy.  I am letting you know the down and dirty because we really do covet your prayers.

Comments