Road to Rwanda------In Masschusetts

Written on Nov 22, 2022

 Not sure if I am doing really well....or just numb.  After Sister died on Tuesday, my thought was, "Oh, I get 4 days to just sit and rest a bit," because our plane to Paul in MA was not until Saturday.  By Wednesday (the next day) I realized that what I really wanted to do was go be with family, so I got on the phone and was able to trade our tickets to that night ....and got a $200 rebait because it was a cheap 'red eye' flight.  The trip was fine, but by this time we (particularly Rick) were pretty exhausted, and he has pretty much just been sleeping since.  I have spent the days with Peace and the evenings with the rest of the family.  We have almost sold our RV, which was not even on the "list" but is a good thing.  Except a few hours ago, the Camping World sales rep who is purchasing the RV called and said the name on the vehicle registgration is wrong, and sure enough, it is Machlund.  So the hassle of correcting the title and registration.  And then some repairs that were patched together to try to claim from the insurance at the request of the purchasers.  All has kept me busy/busy.  Why do these kinds of things happen to us so regularly?  And most are not even our fault. Sophie and Abby, Paul's girls, just got a 6 week old kitten, who likes to curl up on my chest and purr itself to sleep.  I think that is the best therapy for mourning that I can find.  Purity arrives tomorrow night.  I have one whole empty suitcase. Thanksgiving of course.  We fly out next Monday.  Appreciate continued prayers.

Comments